`slope = ( y_2 - y_1 )/( x_2 - x_1 )`
Enter a value for all fields
The Slope calculator compute the slope of a line between two points.
INSTRUCTIONS: Enter the following:
- (x1) This is the x coordinate of the first point.
- (y1) This is the y coordinate of the first point.
- (x2) This is the x coordinate of the second point.
- (y2) This is the y coordinate of the second point.
Slope of a Line: The utility returns the slope as a real number. However, this can be automatically converted to a percentage via the pull-down menu.
The Math / Science
This calculator provides the slope of the line between two points, (x1 , y1) and ( x2 , y2) in a Cartesian plane. The slope is also known as the rise over the run. The formula for the slope between two points is
s = (y1 - y2) / (x1 - x2)
- s is the slope
- (x1 y1) are the coordinates of one point
- (x2 y2) are the coordinates of another point