`"Delivered Cost" = uP * T + M *" $" MR "/mile"`
Enter a value for all fields
The Cost of Bulk Sand calculator computes the price of bulk sand including delivery based on mileage. Truck Delivering Sand
INSTRUCTIONS: Choose units and enter the following:
- (uP) This is the unit price of sand per ton.
- (T) Tonnage is the amount to be delivered (e.g. 4.2 tons)
- (M) This is the distance to be traveled to deliver concrete (e.g. 24.2 miles)
- (MR) Mileage rate is the price per mile for transportation
Cost of Bulk Sand (CBS): The calculator returns the cost of delivered sand in U.S. dollars. However, this can be automatically converted to other currency units via the pull-down menu.
- You have to make sure that the truck can get to your site. If your project is in a back yard, there is not guarantee that the sand truck can get the sand to the precise spot you want.
- There is probably a minimum amount of sand that one has to buy (e.g. 12 ton minimum)