Engineering is the creative application of scientific, economic, social, mathematical, and practical knowledge in order to invent, design, build, maintain, research, and improve structures, machines, devices, systems, materials and processes.
vCalc's Engineering library consists of content cutting across Engineering disciplines. These include but not limited to:
- Chemical engineering – The application of physics, chemistry, biology, and engineering principles in order to carry out chemical processes on a commercial scale, such as petroleum refining, micro-fabrication, fermentation, and bio-molecule production.
- Civil engineering – The design and construction of public and private works, such as infrastructure (airports, roads, railways, water supply and treatment etc.), bridges, dams, and buildings.
- Electrical engineering – The design and study of various electrical and electronic systems, such as electrical circuits, generators, motors, electromagnetic/electromechanical devices, electronic devices, electronic circuits, optical fibers, optoelectronic devices, computer systems, telecommunications, instrumentation, controls, and electronics.
- Mechanical engineering – The design of physical or mechanical systems, such as power and energy systems, aerospace/aircraft products, weapon systems, transportation products, engines, compressors, powertrains, kinematic chains, vacuum technology, and vibration isolation equipment.
- Others: Computer Science, Environmental, and Systems Engineering.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Probability & Statistics
- Environmental Engineering
- Fluid Mechanics
- Heat Transfer
- Industrial Engineering
- Measurement and Controls
- Mechanical Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Unit Conversions